The Legend of Korra Book 3 Facts and Rumor Roundup
Hopefully to curb any misinformation, here is everything we know about Book 3:
- Book 3 will be the first 13 episodes of season 2.
- Studio Mir will animate ALL of Book 3 (and 4).
- Metalbending Police chief Lin Beifong and her family will play a large role; "We’ve got great stuff planned for Lin and her family. It’s not right away, so don’t be mad if it doesn’t happen right away. Book 2, for the Lin fans…she’s not very heavily featured in Book 2, BUT, very heavily featured in Book 3" - Bryke during a book signing. source
- Grey DeLisle, who voiced Azula in ATLA and the scorpion spirit in the Korra Book 2 finale, will be voicing a "bad girl" in Book 3. This character will NOT be a firebender (and not necessarily evil or a villain). source
- This scene with Asami in some kind of boat will happen:
Book 3 production progress:
- The first four episodes’ “Take 1 animation” has been completed. source
- Bryan Konietzko: “The premiere date hasn’t been pinned down, but we are on track to airing Book 3 with MUCH less of a wait than the unfortunate one there was before Book 2 aired.” source
- The title of Book 3 has been reported to be Shogun or Connections. These are both almost definitely not true.
- Korra and Asami could bond and become better friends. source
- Bryan has confirmed the current reigning monarch of the Earth Kingdom is an Earth Queen. Given that Book 3 is supposed to focus on Lin, many people have interpreted this together as an indication that this Earth Queen will appear in Book 3.
Furthermore, production on Book 4 is underway as well.
- Book 4 is the confirmed end of the show, with 13 episodes.
- Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy - Harry Potter, Zhao - ATLA), Jason Marsden, and Anne Heche have been added to the cast in at least one scene with Jinora. source
- There is at least one scene with Katara and Korra. source
Hopefully with the shorter wait for Book 3, we will be getting more and more information soon!